(Interim) Financial Controller - Lloyds Syndicate
12 month Contract
Salary to £90,000 + Benefits package
Candidates MUST be fully qualified ACA,ACCA,CIMA.
An international insurer who underwrite via a Lloyds syndicate platform and through a Company.
In this role you will in partnership with the C.U.O in the management and monitoring of all aspects of financial performance. This will include monitoring the accuracy of P&L and balance sheet, prepare budgeted financial and performance analysis and provide the board with reports.
* Support the FD and Head of Divisional Control with the monitoring and review of business class specific Profit & Loss (P&L) and balance sheet accounts of the Lloyd's Syndicate and Company papers.
* Monitor class specific business performance through the analysis of actual and forecast against budget, whilst making recommendations to the CUO as to any changes or enhancements to business practices.
* In conjunction with the Reinsurance team, ensure that all facultative and treaty arrangements are operating correctly for the specific business class(s) including provision of financial data to support reinsurance renewals.
* In conjunction with the FD, oversee the data / reporting of direct receivables balances, associated Credit Control activity and implications on cash flow reporting.
* Work with the Global Business Controller(s) to provide London class specific financial reporting to Group and prepare detailed responses to any queries relating to London and European business.
* In conjunction with the FD, ensure comprehensive quarterly financial reporting deadlines are adhered to; including analysis of the results against budget, forecast and prior year.
* Support the Head of Divisional Control and FD in ensuring that the company and Syndicate meet Group reporting deadlines.
* Collaborate with MI and IT teams, in the development of financial reports, identify enhanced reporting capabilities that meets the needs of the CUO's, the business unit and the wider Company position.
* In conjunction with the Head of Divisional Control, manage the annual Syndicate Business Planning (SBP) process through AnaPlan with responsibility for compiling, challenging, and analysing the budget preparation per line of business. Working closely with lines of business stakeholders to ensure Board approval, by the submission deadline.
* In conjunction with the Head of Division Control, manage the preparation of the GAAP annual budget with responsibility for compiling, challenging, and analysing the budget preparation per line of business. Work closely with the necessary stakeholders to ensure the budget is approved by the Board, by the submission deadline.
* Prepare twice-quarterly class specific forecast P&L is working with the key line of business stakeholders.
What you will need:
* 6 years' experience, Post Qualified
* 3 - 5 years experience in Lloyd's and London Market practices and international insurance markets;
* Lloyd's accounting rules and insurance technical accounting;
* Lloyd's and London Market practices and international insurance markets;
* FCA / PRA regulatory framework;
* Solvency II;
* US GAAP principles;
* UK Tax, VAT and International fiscal arrangements;
* Company accounting practices and tax implications;
* Syndicate Business Planning (SBP);
* Current book of business and risk appetite;
* Reinsurance principles;
* Credit Control; and
* Company audit procedures.
REF ~ 8386
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.