First Line Technical Support Engineer
We're looking for a First Line Technical Support Engineer to join our client based in Dartford. As part of the company, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the continuous running of systems and resolving any issues. The ideal candidate would possess a demonstrable experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment but this is not essential.
Your responsibilities include:
* Support computer users by ascertaining individual needs, ensuring applications and facilities meet user and project requirements. Provide training, support, advice and feedback as and when required.
* Working closely with peers to ensure the smooth running of core applications; identifying areas for opportunity and enhancement. To include cross-functional working with parent company based in Germany
* Supporting in the delivery of personal and team projects; suggesting ideas for improvement and taking ownership of personal goals to ensure completion
* Participate and support in continuous improvement activities to ensure systems, products and processes remain current, stable, and continue to meet business requirements; monitor and support improvements where necessary to adapt to future needs.
* Training end users in the day to day use of information systems
* Fostering good interdepartmental working relationships, encouraging the exchange of information and sharing of expertise between areas. Liaising with internal customers, suppliers and other service providers as and when required Collecting and analysing data; providing teams with meaningful and insightful data analysis in order to support continuous improvement; taking ownership for KPI's within area of responsibility
* Working knowledge of QlikView or similar Business Intelligence software and coding experience would prove advantageous
* Educated to degree level. A STEM related qualification would be desirable
* The ability to work in collaboration with colleagues providing first line service support to customers in order to provide guidance and troubleshooting advice (including but not limited to PC hardware, printers, network cables, Windows, MS Office applications and internal systems such as MES and ERP)
* Maintaining the configuration database (CMDB) to ensure that all assets are accounted for and accurately assigned to users
* Responding to issues raised via the SEM ticketing system; carrying out investigation to troubleshoot and solve the issue whilst establishing the route cause and implement measures to prevent future recurrences.
* Maintaining technology and software by carrying out user acceptance testing (UAT), user updates and routine maintenance
* Highly proficient in the use of Windows 10 and MS Office packages (essential). TCPIP and Ethernet hardware experience
Holidays 33 including bank holidays
Cycle to work scheme
Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
Enhanced Sick Pay
Employee Assistance Programme
Canteen subsidised food
Free parking on site
Eye care vouchers
Subsidised local bus pass
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.