Location - Nationwide - WFH
Salary: £40k - £50k
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated and driven Ops Engineer to join our client's growing Ops/Cloud team. As a Ops Engineer, you will take responsibility for the execution of work packages or programme specifications which translate into efficient and effective unit tested code for deployment to cloud infrastructure. You will also take responsibility for the investigation of cloud support issues to identify the root cause and where issues are identified develop, test and implement fixes and countermeasures.
· Have experience in cloud infrastructure development and implementation of technologies and processes such as:
· AWS (VPC, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, S3), Linux (Centos, Redhat, Amazon Linux), Windows Server (2012, 2016), DHCP, DNS, Networking (Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN), Infrastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation or Terraform), Configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible), Docker.
Candidates will also ideally have:
· Some exposure and application of tools and methodologies, or equivalent, such as:
· Azure, CI/CD Tools (Codepipeline, CodeBuild, Jenkins, Maven), Monitoring and Logging Tools (Datadog, ELK), Container management (ECS, Kubernetes), Scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell), Git, SVN.
· Be working towards or has at least one of the following certifications:
· AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate.
· Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent. Ideally BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
· Be eligible for UK Security Clearance.