IT Security Analyst
£30 - £40k
Our client's Digital and Technology Services are focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support them from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. IT Security is a vital element ensuring (DTS) Services are delivered to ensure continuity of services and protection from attack in support of business operations. The Security Analyst plays an important role within the Security Operations Team providing technical expertise on all matters relating to Security Operations within the organisation. Additionally, the analyst will be expected to provide metrics on matters relating to both technical and service management of security incidents, vulnerability assessments, threat assessments, forensic and other investigations. Generating high quality reports for technical and non-technical staff on security matters will be a key output of the work of the analyst
The Security Analyst is responsible for:
· Providing technical expertise in Security Operations to inform IT Security, the Security Operations Team and the business as required
· Collecting data and providing analysis in the following areas:
- Security incident management including the analysis and resolution of security incidents that have SLAs
- Vulnerability assessments and remediations and Treat Assessments
- 3rd line support for any security components of Incidents or Problems
- Technical security projects and projects requiring security expertise
- Root cause analysis and investigations into breaches and security incidents
- Investigations on behalf of auditors, HR and others
· Creating routine and adhoc reports on Security Incident resolution, breaches, etc.
· Ensuring the IT Team and Security Operations Team has the information necessary to perform their functions
· Providing inputs into IT Security policies and procedures
· Provide advice and guidance to the Security Operations Team on technical security operations and be a collaborative member of the wider IT Team
· Providing input to the Information Security Certification and Accreditation process
· Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as may be determined as reasonable for the role from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
· Be of graduate calibre with either a degree and/or relevant experience
· Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a technical security role
· Able to demonstrate a high level of analytical skills in the field of IT Security
· Have a high level of communication skills, both written and verbal
· Track record of working within effective teams delivering in a Security Operation
· Be certificated in IT security, e.g., CISSP, CEH, etc.
· Be certificated in relevant IT technologies, e.g., Microsoft certified professional, Cisco, Firewalls, etc.
· Experience and proficiency in relevant technical IT standards such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, NCSC policies and guidelines, Cyber Essentials Plus, etc.
· Experience and familiarity with relevant technical IT standards such as ITIL, ISO27001, ISO2000, etc.
· Evidence of ongoing continuing professional development in IT Security.
· Experience of working within a large public sector organisation (Council / Local Authority / NHS / University, etc.) delivering hosted services to stakeholders
· Advanced IT Security or computing qualification, e.g., MSc Information Security
· Experience of working in a Security Operations Centre
· Professional or Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body, e.g. BCS
· Demonstrates personal commitment to continuous improvement and able to motivate and inspire commitment in others to achieve highest standards possible
· Professional, tenacious and results-driven with a confident approach
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in reports and influence and persuade across all levels of the organisation
· Strong analytical and evaluation skills
· Proven leadership skills and ability to think strategically and commercially
· Relationship management skills and able to negotiate and influence stakeholders
· Excellent organisational, problem-solving and change management skills
· Demonstrates creative and critical-thinking skills with an appetite to drive innovation
· Ability to work under pressure and exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy
· Ability to work flexibly and travel to locations across the UK and Ireland
· Analytical Skills
· Technical Competence
· Persuading & Influencing
· Managing Change
· Customer Focus