Employer Description: Forefront Utilities is a Gas Mains Replacement company operating throughout Essex, London, East Surrey and South Downs. We predominately undertake works on behalf of our main clients, Cadent (formally National Grid) and SGN (Southern Gas Networks)
Office Address: Forefront House, Codham Hall Lane, Great Warley, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3JT
- Full training will be given on all activities
- Expected duration: Minimum 6-8 weeks / Immediate Start
- Cleaning of vehicles/plant and workshop.
- Assist with key maintenance processes .
- Reduce vehicle maintenance costs and maximise fleet availability by ensuring vehicle administration is carried out in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a team to ensure delivery of Fleet Services.
- To be able to replace all vehicle tyres using the appropriate tools and workshop machinery, including the replacement of run flat tyres.
- To ensure that you work to the required technical standards.
- Good level of communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with staff and officers of all levels.
- Work as part of a team and eventually unsupervised when necessary
- To have a flexible approach to working and to be able to meet deadlines.
- To be reliable, dedicated and committed to the job paying high attention to detail at all times.
- Collect and deliver vehicles to local dealers and the collision repair team to aid with warranty repairs, disposal MOT tests and collision repairs.
- Inspect all vehicles collected from external agents to ensure they are acceptable prior to completion of collection documentation.
- Inspect vehicles that arrive on site, ensure the correct completion of the vehicle logbook and identify unreported exterior damage.
- Clean vehicles to pre-described standards; normally involves cleaning all exterior bodywork, road wheels, glass and interior vacuum cleaning.
- Manage workshop consumable items including stock checks and liaising with the Parts and Procurement Team to ensure the timely reordering of stock.
- Capture mileage data of vehicles under repair on a regular basis and correctly enter on to Fleet Services' IT systems.
- Regularly clean the vehicle workshop, including the separation of recyclable items and organise collection and clean spillages in a timely manner.
- Empty workshop waste oil receptors.
- Facilitate workshop deliveries, inspecting and checking goods prior to delivery sign off.
- Maintain all personal equipment, work area and accommodation to ensure it remains in a usable condition.
- Take primary responsibility for own health and safety and of others, implement and comply with all Health & Safety training and / or requirements and wear the correct personal protective equipment for each task. Knowledge (or will gain knowledge/understanding)
- Work Closely with Yard Supervisors and Depot Heads to provide regular visits to each depot to undertake ad hoc repairs to mobile and hand held plant.
- Assist in the servicing and maintenance on all plant located at the main depots
- Assist in the inspection and repairs to Non O Licensed vehicles as required or instructed
- Manage your own supply and stock holding of general consumable items and fast moving parts (Brakes, Bulbs, Wipers etc.)
- Maintain and clean own works vehicle as required, ensuring it is always presentable and in serviceable condition
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high standard and that vehicles or plant is only released back to the teams once it is in a safe and serviceable condition. Vehicles must ONLY be released if they meet the minimum standard of roadworthiness.
· To be available to commence work Monday to Friday between the hours of 6am and 4pm
· To undertake any driving duties as may be required, making deliveries to and collections from various locations within Forefronts sites and client’s contracts.
· To ensure internal and external customers receive a courteous service.
· To work earlier or later when the situation dictates
· Any other such duties as may be required from time to time.
*An understanding of the principles of Equal Opportunity and Diversity*
- Out of pocket expenses to be covered
- Minimum 70 hours over 6-8 weeks
- Formal interview following completion of work experience
Personal Qualities: Good work ethic, good time keeping, good communicator both verbal and written, able to use computer software, presentable, flexible, adaptable, able to keep within time frames and work towards deadlines.
Reality Check (Travel/Hours etc: Must have full clean driving licence and own transport due to location. Preferably able to drive Manual and Automatic vehicles but not essential. Hours – 3 days per week (with agreement with Line Manager) flexible over a rolling week Monday to Friday between the hours of 6am and 4pm