Salary - £35-45K basic
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in technology sector who is currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller . The role is full time, permanent and offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Sales and Purchase Ledger
* Update Sage accounting system.
* Sales ledger ? ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately and in a timely manner.
* Purchase ledger ? obtain authorisation from the appropriate person for all purchase invoice
* Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Financial Controller in order that a timely resolution can be identified
* Nominal Ledger : process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment prepared by the Financial Controller and approved by the Director.
Payments and Banking
* Responsibility for petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of a cash reconciliation at each month end.
* Banking of cheques and cash received.
* Reconciliation of the credit card account each week.
* Preparing the reconciliation of current account and company bank accounts each week for review by the Directors.
* Weekly Cash Flow updates.
Monthly and Year-end Accounts
* Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports for review by the Directors.
* Completing the Year-end audit file to ensure all information is ready and available for the Accountants.
* Weekly review debtors by sending statements, chasing payment by telephone and to ensure credit control procedures are implemented.
* Complete credit checks on new clients and set accounts up on accounting software and finance software.
Timesheets and Expenses
* Check timesheets to ensure employees have correctly recorded their time.
* Check expenses and receipts to ensure they?re accurately recording and the supporting documentation is adequate i.e. VAT invoice where applicable.
* Monitor mileage claimed
* Answer incoming calls in a friendly and professional manor.
* Open post each day and distribute to appropriate members of staff.
* Co-ordinating the office cleaner
* Monitoring office supplies and ordering/purchasing supplies as requested.
* Co-ordinating maintenance of photocopier.
* Complete monthly payroll process
* Send pension correspondence
* Complete payroll year end process
* Complete yearly P11?D?s
* Assist the Financial Controller, Directors, Operations Manager with any other duties as required.
* Providing weekly and monthly reports on the company?s finances.
* Xero is the current accounting platform utilised by the company.
* Full training will be offered on other software applicable to the role.
* A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
* A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
* To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
* Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
* Work with a sense of urgency
* Attention to detail
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.