An exciting opportunity for a Toolmaker to join the Tool Room and Model Shop Team.
The company is a leading, long established medical instrumentation design and manufacturer. The Toolmaker will carry out various Tool Room and Model Shop tasks effectively and efficiently.
Tool Room tasks:
* Work on CNC mills, lathes, drills, grinders and spark eroders to tight tolerances.
* Fit together all moulds, jigs and fixtures for production.
* Draw simple 2D drawings.
* Work out cutters and tool paths on CAM software for the manufacture of die's etc.
* Repair and fault finding on mould tools and hot runner systems.
Model Shop tasks:
* Work on CNC mills, lathes, drills, grinders and spark eroders.
* To draw 2D drawings on computers.
* To work out cutters and tool paths for making 3D models.
* Keeping records of design changes for design files.
* Discuss designs with the Toolroom Manager and Technical Department.
* Ability to read engineering drawings.
* Technique of the manufacture of injection moulds, tools, press tools, jigs, fixtures and all models.
* Knowledge of materials used for tool making, mouldings and models.
* Ability to operate computers (CAD and CAM software).
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to design small moulds, jigs and fixtures for production.
* To have initiative on design and problem solving.
* Abrasive wheels safety certificate.
* Knowledge and use of all oils, cutting fluids, glues, paint spraying and inspection equipment.
Salary Guide: £25,000 - £28,000
Hours: 36-hour week, Monday to Friday
Location: Harlow, Essex
Keywords: tool maker, toolmaker, tooling, molding, moulding, moulds, injection moulding, CAM, CAD, jigs, CNC, fixtures, mills, lathes, drills, grinders, tool room, tool shop,
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.