Salary Guide: circa £35,500 pa
Permanent, free on-site car parking
An exciting opportunity to join a leading, established medical instrumentation design and manufacturer. We are looking to recruit a Production Engineer.
The Production Engineer will assist in the smooth production and development of new and existing products and manufacturing processes.
Also provide support to the Production team, process changes, projects, investigations, prototyping, problem solving, and bill of materials, costs and routings.
* Experience in a production engineering role related to electro-mechanical and moulded component assemblies in a regulated GMP environment.
* Experience in the analysis of cost and value engineering of electro-mechanical and moulded assemblies.
* Understanding of ERP system manufacturing modules.
* Full understanding of Bill of Material and Process Routing creation.
* Able to compile Shop floor process instructions and safe working procedures.
* Able to work under own initiative and formulate strategies for continual improvement.
* Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* High standard of numeracy and literacy.
* Project Management skills.
* Good attention to detail.
* Organisational, time management and planning skills.
* Teamwork, communication skills.
* Able to use a range of analytical measuring equipment.
* Work with the range of Engineering disciplines on equipment breakdown, improvement and maintenance activities.
* Analyse the current production process and introduce lean manufacturing techniques.
* Work with Quality and Supply chain to improve component and product quality.
* Work with Design Engineering to improve the manufacturability of current products.
* Preparation and Updating of Shop floor process instructions and Safe Working procedures.
* Develop the production process for new products, including qualifying the supply chain and packaging methods.
* Preparation of specifications for capital equipment and manual processes including inspection/test.
* To undertake and design/make jigs / fixtures as required.
* Ensure that all production processes and equipment used comply with Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Accurate maintenance of ERP system Bill of Material and Routing Files to provide the basis for Shop Floor Documentation, Capacity and Material Planning and Standard Costing.
* Maintenance of adequate technical library and relevant archives.
* To be involved in the investigation and solutions of mechanical engineering problems.
* Use analytical measuring equipment to check components and finished devices against drawing dimensions and specifications.
* To lead product and process changes through Engineering Change system.
* Take a lead role in deviation management, projects/prototyping and risk assessments.
Salary: circa £35,000 pa
Location: Harlow, Essex
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.