We have an exciting opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join a private Pathology department located in central London.
The client is one of the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospitals.
About the Role:
You will support the chief BMS in providing an efficient and effective service, ensuring that scientific standards are maintained and that Clinic policies are always adhered to.
* Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week, plus participation in a Saturday morning Rota 1 in 4 weekends
* Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £32,985 - £41,341 per annum (inclusive) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To assist the chief biomedical scientist and senior biomedical scientist in allocating and coordinating the routine work of the department, ensuring that staff deployment maximises the use of available resources.
* To participate in internal and external quality assurance, staff training, maintenance of up-to-date techniques and written protocols and procedures.
* To operate and maintain the analytical equipment in the department.
* To assist in the evaluation and of new equipment and method verifica
* At least 3 years post-HCPC registration with recent laboratory experience
* Experience of MHRA and UKAS (ISO 15859) regulations.
* Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of current blood transfusion practices.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Blood Safety and Quality Regulations for Blood Transfusion.
* Excellent understanding of quality management including incident reporting and investigation, validation, audit and CAPA resolution.
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.