City of London
Salary to £38,000 depending on knowledge and experience
About the company:
One of the largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. The specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
Aims, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insures against the risks they face.
About the Role:
Provide reliable and effective administrative support to the Facultative and Direct underwriters.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Working closely with the other Technical Assistants in the department, Underwriters and the Head of the team to create and maintain accurate information within the in-house system
* Entering of renewals, endorsements and new business onto the system
* Monitor and ensure that all risks entered are correctly signed off by the Underwriter and all checklists are completed.
* Handling some aspects of administration of business generated by offices worldwide.
* Recording, monitoring and reporting of premiums.
* Ensuring that all Tax allocations presented with slips are accurate.
* Investigating differences between Estimated and Booked premiums.
* Identifying and reporting problems with the Omega database.
* Scanning and Indexing of paper records and contractual documents.
* Reviewing slips and contract documents for accuracy.
* Entering of FAC R/I into the system.
Key Experience / Knowledge
* Inputting policy information
* Past experience working within insurance /reinsurance environment
* Ideally Tax and Accounts knowledge
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.