Job Description – Quality Assurance Officer
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Accountable To: Quality Assurance Manager
Requirement / Experience
- At least two years experience working within care environment
- Supervision of staff / care workers
- Organisational and Excellent people skill
- Good organisational ability / skill
- Good planning ability
- Good understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Ability to handle organisational change
- Good understanding of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldecott Principles
- Training qualification (desirable)
• Liaise with all Service Users regarding assessment and review requirements and arrangements.
• Conducting Service User reviews in line with the Health and Social Care Act 2008, (CQC) and service specifications and focusing on any issues/concerns relating to Abuse and Safeguarding Re: service users & staff.
• To collect care notes from all service user homes every 6 weeks then
o Read through care notes
o Gather care notes data to be used for team meetings agenda, training requirements, supervision issues, policy and procedures. Authorise and archive care notes in consultation with Office Administrator
o Construct report for Quality Manager weekly on issues/concerns picked up from care notes and action taken / action plan
• To carry out in Service User Homes
o Quality checks – i.e. infield supervisions, spot checks, welfare visits, service user questionaires, and general care workers’ supervisions and support.
o Risk Assessments in accordance with current/relevant legislation and Palmerstone Homecare Policies and Procedures.
o Ensure all relevant Risk Management tools are cost effectively employed to eliminate, control, manage risk to service users and care workers through an effective and result driven referals process working in constant liason with other professionals & families in the community / Multidisciplinary Agencies i.e.
Social Work Teams
NHS & PCT / District Nursing Teams / Single Point of Access
Hospitals,Hospice and Comminuty Clinics
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Age concern and others
• Provide feedback on service user/ care workers safety, welfare and wellbeing to the Quality Manager
• Conducting regular team meetings with care workers and effecting inhouse training referrals for care workers
• Assist the Quality Manager with complaints management following the company’s complaints procedure.
• Assist Quality Manager to investigate all accidents/incidents, report relevant accident in line with RIDDOR procedure in liaison with the care manager and the office administrator
• To provide care to service users in emergency situations, which could involve evening and weekends
• To undertake training as required
• Operate professional practice in accordance with company guidelines in respect of equal opportunities, anti discriminatory practice and anti oppressive behaviour.
• Act at all times in line with the company’s Policies & Procedures and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Care Quality Commission and Contract Specifications.
• To ensure your work space / station and environment is kept clean and tidy at all times
• To actively participate in team work in the Office & in the Field with all work colleagues and other professionals
• To update the data base system, accurately and timeously, with all your work activities daily i.e. Tagtronics care
• Any other specifications as requested by Management.