£27,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
Our client is passionate about transforming the lives of young people through inspirational teaching, and by providing exceptional access to career opportunities in the creative industries.
They are currently looking for a Self-Development Teacher to work on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
* Champion the organisational values of respect, resilience, integrity, independence and kindness, and ensure they are at the heart of the self-development programme.
* Identify emerging trends, developments and research that are relevant to the self-development of young people and ensure all relevant topics are covered.
* Where external expertise is required, research and engage with specialists to ensure that learners have the best available information and support.
* Work with the student services manager to create an exciting and relevant scheme of work so every class has at least one outstanding session a week.
* Build on and develop existing resources to ensure continuing relevance to the lives of young people.
* Ensure the programme is skilfully differentiated and tailored to meet the specific needs of each group.
* Ensure learners are able to develop their skills at an appropriate level.
* Work with the vocational tutor team to embed the principles of the student self-development curriculum into the learners' studies.
* Complete referrals to internal and external support as and when required.
* A qualified teacher is beneficial but will accept applications from unqualified people with the correct experience.
* Extremely organised and able to manage own workload effectively.
* Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a rewarding environment.
* Confident and assertive with excellent leadership skills.
* Ability to inspire, challenge and lead young people.
* Great team player and able to work on own initiative as required.
* Able to relate to, and develop relationships with, young people.
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.