Gants Hill, London
£35,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Our client, an Independent Higher Education Institute with several campuses across London and Essex, is currently looking to recruit a Finance Analyst to work on a permanent basis.
Joining the Finance Department based in Gants Hill, you will be required to consolidate and analyse financial data and provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
Working Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, this role will be paying £35,000 to £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
You will ideally have previous experience working as a Finance Analyst and will be a full or part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills with a strong command of the English language.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Follow up with students and funding bodies (Student Loans Company) in regards to outstanding fees.
* Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
* Consolidate and analyse financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account company's goals and financial standing.
* Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
* Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
* Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to Director of Finance and Operations based on sound analysis.
* Track and determine financial status by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
* Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field.
* Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
* Hold a relevant bachelor's degree.
* Be a part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), preferably fully qualified.
* Experience working in a Finance Analyst role.
* Previous data analysis experience working with large volumes of data.
* Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
* Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
* Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis.
* Working knowledge of forecasting tools.
* Overall you will be able to demonstrate a track record of astute financial leadership, commercial decision making, effective team management and the ability to influence a range of stakeholders across all levels of an organisation.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.