MKE Engineering Group is the South East’s largest independent electrical and mechanical engineering company with 3 sites across Essex and Kent. Due to expansion the company is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join the team at our Rainham, Essex branch.
The role is a key element of MKE’s development and expansion. We are a reactive business providing repair services to industrial electrical equipment including AC/DC motors, Industrial Electronics, Pumps, Gearboxes, Generators and Drive Systems.
The role requires:
• Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers
• Managing and interpreting customer requirements
• Preparing customer quotations
• Negotiating tender and contract terms
• Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
• Solving client problems
• Offering after-sales support services
• Analysing costs and sales
• Preparing reports for head office
• Meeting regular sales targets
• Recording and maintaining client contact data
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product/service will meet customer needs
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
Your time will be split between the office and visiting customers. Working from a well established customer base you will be responsible for the growth and development of the branch, working in partnership with the branch manager.
Initially, you will be expected to gain experience in your field, develop product/service knowledge, and build your reputation in technical sales.
To be a sales engineer you'll need:
• Sound judgement and good business sense
• Team working skills
• The ability to quickly build relationships with clients
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self motivated
• A full driving licence
Please send your application along with a covering letter for the attention of John Savage via the apply online button