Insurance Finance Account Handler Contract
10 weeks contract
We are looking for an Account Handler in Witham, to join our Insurance based Client. The role is to complete a monthly cycle of tasks that accelerate the collection of client receivables and minimise all aged debt. To meet pre-agreed targets for such collections and to ensure that all feedback is appropriately processed and followed up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconcile client bank accounts and allocate cash on a daily basis, investigating variances to ensure unallocated cash is categorised appropriately.
• Bank cheques received on a daily basis updating all appropriate logs.
• Ensure feedback received is comprehensive and addresses all criteria thus providing dashboard users with a true and accurate position.
• Monitoring and chasing of all premiums to ensure prompt settlement of premium by telephone, email and meeting.
• Create a monthly written and paid premium bordereaux, perform control and reconciliation checks. Understand the importance of applying the correct premium tax and the allocation of premium to the correct binder.
• Facilitate broker payments.
• To provide progress and status reports to Insurer and Market Services and / or client management as required.
• Manage your own work flow ensuring all internal and external SLA’s are adhered to, escalating to Client Management where appropriate.
• Escalate risks, highlighting any settlement/broker issues to management.
• To interrogate, as appropriate, client’s systems in order to resolve problems and answer queries.
• To ensure that all client queries / requests are appropriately logged in accordance with current procedures and to maintain appropriate records relative to all processes undertaken.
• Preparing, validating and rendering monthly broker and lawyer statements in respect of unpaid, underpaid and future due premiums.
All Abut YOU!
• A good understanding of insurance working practices and processes and ideally credit control experience.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Ability to interpret and manipulate data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract and identify key issues.
• Ability to build effective relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst an extensive client group.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines within a team environment, with good organisational, report writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Good numerical skills, with the ability to work accurately and showing attention to detail.
• Strong reporting capabilities.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.