A new expanding company specialising in haulage and transport is seeking a Transport Coordinator based in Aylesbury to join its team. You will receive many benefits such as the use of a fully subsidised restaurant, gym, 20 days plus bank holidays and free parking.
As the Coordinator your duties will be to:
• Control route allocation and changes whilst on shift accepting the need to respond to driver failures.
• Debrief of drivers using their trip sheet; Visionfta & Microlise database, ensuring drivers are challenged over a late delivery and any other issues arising during their shift.
• Update route and compliance sheet with driver activity during shift ensuring this is ‘live’ at all times capturing all data.
• Update fleet whiteboard on a regular basis throughout the shift.
• Manage driver holidays; absence.
• Control issue / return process for vehicle keys, route packs.
• Completion of late and shorts report for the shift.
• Completion of weekly KPI pack for TM.
• Ensure all agency drivers sign disclaimer prior to commencing work.
• Administer any additional tasks and projects as allocated by the Manager; Senior Planning Manager & Planning Manager.
To be a successful Transport Coordinator you will have the following skills and experience:
• Own transport is essential.
• Transport legislation would be beneficial but training is provided.
• Computer literate and familiar with spreadsheets, databases and presentations.
• Willing to undertake relevant skills training as required by developing the role.
• Operational experience in a fast-paced environment.
• PC literate with ability to use Word, Excel, E-mail and Microlise (or similar routing software) with confidence.
• A good communicator with excellent administrative and organisational skills.
• Good customer service focus.
There are currently 1 position available – 4 days on 4 days off nights (6pm to 6 am )