Our client is a well-established & innovative speciality food business with an exciting opportunity for a Buying Manager to join their team in Bermondsey to head up one of their core categories.
Reporting directly into the Director of Procurement you will be responsible for the management of core category suppliers, designated product groups and buyers tasked to cover that group.
Your day to day responsibilities:
• Ensure that all buying activities are carried out in line with company strategy, policies and procedures.
• Manage supply base and work with colleagues to ensure that quality, price, and service standards are met or exceeded
• Negotiate contract terms with suppliers for the best price possible and ensure that the commercial interests of the business are secured and protected.
• Initiate and lead product/category reviews to deliver continuous improvement in product range, quality and pricing.
• Work with Buying Manager/ Category heads on the progressive development of the company’s buying process to meet the demands of the business and our customers.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure continuity of supply and successfully manage new product launches and projects.
• Day to day management and ongoing development of direct reports.
To be successful:
• Significant experience as a Senior Buyer, with a track record of strategic supplier management within the food and/or beverage industry.
• Educated to degree level or above.
• Experience managing and mentoring more junior members.
• Ambitious, driven and self-motivated.
• Strong initiative, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
In return you will be a part of a highly successful organisation with an annual turnover of £90 million, plus a competitive salary and a 10% KPI bonus.
If you have what we are looking for then please apply now, with your CV and a short covering letter.See full details.
If this sounds like an ideal role for you then please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be delighted to receive your CV.
To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering. Registration takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
If you are emailing your CV to us, please ensure it has your home address, telephone numbers (including your mobile) and your email address on. Thank you for taking the time to look at one of our vacancies. We look forward to receiving your CV, however, please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you do not live in the local area please let know what your plans for relocation are.
Please only submit CVs in word format, preferably with no headers, footers or text boxes.
Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer' and confirm Office Angels are an Employment Business (short term/contracts) or Recruitment Agency (perms).
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.See full details.