Based at: YMCA Romford
Hours of work: Part Time 12 hours per week. Wednesday’s 2pm to 6pm & Saturday’s 12pm to 4pm & Sunday’s 7am to 11am.
Salary: £4,680 p.a inclusive plus competitive benefits
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st May at 12noon
Interview date: TBC
Why work for us?
We are a charity and have been serving the local community for over 130 years. Whilst our focus is on young people, we work with all members of the community, in the belief that everyone should be able to reach their full potential, regardless of their background. We call this a youth minded community approach. We work across a number of boroughs including Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Dartford, Greenwich and Ashford. We work from the following locations; Romford, Dartford, Greenwich and Ashford.
We provide a wide range of services in the local community; these include supported accommodation, children’s, youth and family work and health & wellbeing facilities.
We want all of our staff to thrive. We are committed to work life balance, having fun, and inspiring each other to great things. We believe our leaders should make as real and significant difference to our organisation. We focus on people strengths as a basis for leadership development.
About the job and who we need…
We are currently recruiting for Cleaner at our Romford site, who is a strong, experienced and has a good understanding of health and safety issues.
The post holder will provide hygiene & cleanliness duties for the Association’s facilities at our Romford branch, on a regular basis according to the needs and requirements of the Association. It will be a requirement to preserve and increase the value and integrity of the properties, to enhance the experience of our customers.
The post holder will have:
• COSSH training
• A good understanding of cleaning products and how to safely use them
• Cleaning experience
Our Benefits Package
For those who want to be part of what we do, we offer a comprehensive employee package. Working with us you will receive;
• Our Life Assurance Scheme (which pays out 4 x your average salary)
• Pension Scheme (4% employee contribution)
• Free Gym Membership (Romford site)
• Cycle Scheme
• 50% discounted Childcare provision
• International Opportunities
As well as training and leadership development, we offer our keenest people great opportunities to engage with the national and international YMCA movement. You can even use the fitness facilities for free at our Romford branch.
To apply please contact the HR Department for an application form via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01708 770 407. Alternatively you can also download an application form via our website www.ymcatg.org
Application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Department via email: email@example.com or post: 29 Rush Green Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 0PH.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
YMCA Thames Gateway is serious about safeguarding; this role will be subject to a standard DBS Check.
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment consultant. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunity employer.See full details.
Cleaner required to work Monday-Friday 2pm-8pm. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the cleanliness on the ward areas. This position does require a person who enjoys making beds.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently and meet the needs of the wards/departments
• Wards/departments are maintained free of dust, dirt and moisture through the process of daily and periodic cleaning
• Transfer of infection is prevented by the additional process of effective terminal cleaning of patient bed areas
• Wards/departments are maintained free from excessive refuse and kept tidy and presentable at all times
• Any other reasonable ad hoc duties as required for service provision
• Ensure duties identified on the ward/department-cleaning schedule are completed.
• Ensure compliance with Trust policies, procedures and protocols
• Comply with C.O.S.H.H regulations
• Ensure compliance with all aspects of Heath & Safety legislation and the correct use of personal protective equipment.
This is an on-going temporary position and commitment is required.See full details.